1. Killing yourself will not be poetic. Jumping off a building will do nothing but turn your body into a puzzle that can never be put back together again.
2. Scars are just handmade tattoos woven out of our sorrow.
3. Before you get a tattoo you research the artist, inspect the tools, argue with yourself over the design and whether or not you want it to be a permanent part of your body. You should go through the same procedure before marking your own skin.
4. Warning labels exist for a reason. Read them.
5. You are not Atlas. You are not responsible for the world. Take a break, give Hercules the burden for a while.
6. If the sun were to go out, it would take us eight minutes and twenty seconds to notice. Live every minute as if the sun has already left and you only have so much time to say the words you need to say: I love you; I’m sorry; I miss you.
7. Sometimes you miss all the signs and end up at a dead end. It’s okay to go back to where you started and try again.
8. Dying is not beautiful or artistic or romantic; living is.
9. Love is fleeting. The only animals who can get it right are the ones who don’t live long enough to see it spoil.10. If humans were meant to fly we would’ve been born with wings, not hearts that feel heavier than eight ounces and a set of bones that sink with the weight of our collective loneliness.